Friday, June 14, 2013

My Angel, Here on Earth

Time flies by. Really. It has been almost a month we have spent under one roof. For the first days, I somehow felt homesick. Well, it's my new home, but I missed my old one, where I had spent more than 11years there.

And yes, I missed my mom. Lol. I may sound like a spoiled brat. But I am really close to my mom. And not seeing her every day made me miss her. It felt weird to live in the same town but I couldn't see her every single day.

As you may know, my mom lives in Klaten, a small town where I spent my childhood. But since my sister went to Jakarta in 2004, my mom practically lives here too. It's like almost 6 months in a year she lives in Jakarta.

I dont't know but I think this is the same feeling I share with them who have left home to start a new family. Maybe this is what they feel. And I was sure I was gonna be fine. And I am.

Last week, my mom visited me. We had lunch together with my dad and my sister. When they were going home, my mom kissed me and whispered, "I feel that I lost you, Son. I miss you." My heart broke. I really wanted to cry. But I was trying so hard not to. I just smiled and hugged her. Then she continued, "Maybe it is because I am here. It will be okay if I'm in Klaten, you know, right?" I nodded, "Yes, maybe it is."

Last Saturday, my sister texted me telling me that my mom was sick. She could barely move because it was painful on her back. I thought it was because she was too tired. So I told her to rest. The next day, we went to the church together. We didn't have dinner because I had to go home and had dinner with my better half. I was going to watch a movie when my sister texted me again that she would take my mother to the hospital because she could not bare the pain.

I called her and my mom told me that she was okay that she just needed some painkillers. I tried to calm myself down. But when I told K about this, I didn't realize I cried. I. My worries had taken the best of me. I called her again and told her that I was going to the hospital too, but she said no. She convinced me that she was okay. I cried. I did cried. I guess I thought too far.

My K hugged me and told me that everything was gonna be just fine.

Half an hour later , I called my mom again. The doctor said that she was okay, she said. I was relieved. The next day, she went to a doctor again to make sure. And after some check-ups, it was found out that she had a minor calcification. But we should had no worry.

Thank God for keeping my mom healthy.

Mom, I love you so much. You are my angel.

2 comments: