Thursday, June 27, 2013

(Never) Do This At Home

I was confuse. It hit me bad. Well I am okay. It has nothing to do with me directly, but it affects me.

This morning I was browsing my path when I saw my path friend's picture. He wished happiness for someone's wedding. And when I went deeper into that post, I found out that it was his boyfriend's wedding. With a girl. It stung me right away. 

I don't know them very well, but since he added me as a path friend, I saw their lovely pictures here and then. I thought they were sweet. And I never imagined that one of them would marry someone else, especially a girl, but still together after the wedding.

I didn't mind at all. It was their decision, and I believe there is an explainable reason that may never crossed my mind. I appreciate what they did, for their brave acts. And I wish them happiness as well.

But for me, at least in my thoughts and dreams, it won't work that way for it is against to what I believe in. Maybe I am too fuddy-duddy, but when it comes to tying knots of marriage, it is sacred. It is a one way trip where there's no turning back. And in a marriage, there will be no one else but the two persons who say "I do" to each other, vow to each other their lives.

I am writing this not to judge anyone. I am writing this to remind us that this thing does happen. That people may choose different ways to reach what they want. It happens in front of my eyes, not only in movies.

I may never be in their position, as well as my better half. We would never take that decision. But I do respect them. They are chasing their dreams. Our ways may be different to each other's, but what's wrong with being different? 

Lastly, are you guys ready to reach your dream? Are you brave enough to be different?

No comments:

Post a Comment