Thursday, August 29, 2013

Manly or Girly?

Another thing that tickles me and makes me wanna write is, again about acceptance.

Well, as we all know, we, gays, are trying hard so that people can accept us for who we really are. Marriage equality has been fought everywhere. Some of them gain succeed, some of them gain nothing. But we are still trying. We keep fighting for our rights. 

As a person, we do have our own fight about acceptance. There are times when we deal with hard times to convince people around us that we are not sick, that these are who we are. 

Those fights mean a lot for some of us, most of us. But ironically, in the same time, we are so hard on some people, even people like us.

A friend of mine, gay, said that gays should be manly or at least act less girly. Why? Because gays are men. Well, we are men, we should like girls instead other men, right? 

What about them, whose paradigms is they were born in the wrong bodies? A girl inside a boy? Regardless of whether it's wrong or right, we are not supposed to change them.

Then he said that if they are really willing to change (to be more masculine in the way they think and act), they can do it. The thing is, the same sentence had been said to us long ago, to me at least. My mom said to me once that if I really tried to like girls, I could. 

My point is, why don't we try to accept others' paradigm? We know how it feels to be judged, not to be accepted, and now when we are accepted, the least we can do is accepting others too. We owe them that much.




No comments:

Post a Comment