Monday, September 16, 2013

Another Acceptance

I'm not an expert in relationship (well, no one says that I am, Lol). But yet, let me tell you another tip in a relationship. You may have heard it before, but yeah there's nothing wrong sharing my experience, aight?

Yesterday, after having dinner (snacks) at Kuningan City, K and I decided to go to Alam Sutra to meet our beloved friend, T. He got us batagor and molen from Bandung. On our way there, I called T and made some jokes. Long story short, my K said harsh word to me because of that jokes. I felt offended, though I knew he didn't really mean it (or he did). 

But then he said sorry with his funny way as always. Then he said to me, "You know what, we had never fought these days". I agreed. For sure we had some pique and vexation now and then. It is impossible to have none when you live together. But we let go of those things. We don't let our anger and dejection define our relationship. 

That's my tip, let go. Let go means you forget that vexation. And by forget, you don't bring it up in the future. It's unlikely to have someone that really fits you. There are dents anywhere. That's why you need to accept. And let go is one form of acceptance. 

I let go of his harsh word. It may hurt me, but instead of focusing on the hurts, I smiled on the way he says his apology. I believe he does the same thing now and then. 

Love is not about perfecting each other. There's nothing perfect, and it's okay to have pique in it. But again, don't let this wound determine your relationship. Let go, and be happy! 

4 comments:

  1. You are right! but again a fight is not the only one solution for the better relationship. Yes, we may have to do fight sometimes, it's worthy, to learn the other side of our partner. But it will become useless if you are fighting for the same reason again and again. The same way as apologizes, you might not totally trust your friends if he/she ask for apologize for the same reason again and again.
    That's just my opinion. Keep writing. :*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Related to my first post, I agree with you to letting drown all bad things that had happened in the past (including fight of course).
    It's also important for us not to bring it up again to the surface. :D

    A wound will still be a wound, but don't let it injured and re-open again. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for dropping by.

    In this very post, I do not favor fighting. I do suggest letting go instead.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for dropping by.

    In this very post, I do not favor fighting. I do suggest letting go instead.

    ReplyDelete