Monday, December 23, 2013

To Shop = To Love?

Today I was talking to two friends via whatsapp. It was clearly two different topics. I talked to T about shopping, because he wanted to change his appearance, and at the same time I chatted with M about love. Then the idea came to me.

Let me walk you through what I thought. I was imagining this scene.

I walked around a big shopping mall with friends, when I saw a gorgeous pants. I gave it a try but somehow it didn't fit me. The pants really looked good, and I was in my best condition, but when I put it on something was missing. Then I continued.

Again I found a pair of shoes. It looked good. I gave it a try. Definitely it would look good on me, if it weren't too big. The store didn't have my size. 

Then I saw a t-shirt that everyone wore. But when I wore it, it looked bad.

Falling in love is like shopping. When we meet someone and we somehow have so-called connection, we are so enthusiastic but then we will find that he's not the one for us. 

We keep looking and keep looking. Appearance will always catch our eyes. But we never find the right one. We search for a connection. An instant one. Love is about a connection, it's true. But it ain't instant. We have to dig deeper.

I was tired, I didn't know why none of my friends looked as tired as I was. I just followed them until I realize I was back to the first store. 

There, besides the gorgeous pants I tried earlier, a pair of common pants were hanging there. I didn't think it would look good on me, but having nothing to do, I took it to fitting room. Amazingly, it fitted me. I looked awesome. Well, more awesome.

For some people instant chemistry will do, but for some others, it's harder than that. We have to give chance to someone whom we think we won't have any connection with. Maybe you know what you want, but you may not know what's good for you. Who knows, he would be the one. Who knows that the one that God has planned for us is with us all along.


2 comments: