Friday, November 7, 2014

Stepping Up My Game

“You will face your greatest opposition when you are closest to your biggest miracle.”
Shannon L. Alder



Your grammar sucks.
I recommend you to take English class before writing a blog.
*STRONGLY recommend

I was shocked when I read this yesterday. I just sit and stared at my phone. Someone wrote me that on my Jack'd. I took a deep breath and replied," Haha.Thank you. Much appreciated."

I know for sure that my English is not perfect, far from perfect. But I never thought that it was that bad so I should take an English class. I questioned my English, "Is it really that bad?". So I went to some of my friends, my blog readers, showed that message and waited for their reactions.

- Not that bad tho'. Your English is improving post by post. 
- Who was that? So rude.
- Hey, come on, I think J.K. Rowling's Harry Potter was perfect because of the editor's hand. Your English is quite good. Please keep writing.
- I like your blog, no matter what.
- It's a blog. You're not writing the next great English classic literature. Don't let the heartless idiot bother you. He's just seeking for your attention. Maybe a secret admirer. :)
- No. I think you're even extremely good.
- Oh, I don't think it's that bad. I say ignore lol.
- I think he said it for himself. You speak English well.
- I can't say it is perfect, but above average already.  He is over reacting. Heck with him.
- Ignore him, but your reply is excellent. I love it, spread love not war. It's not excellent but it's pretty good.
- You really need to know, it wasn't constructive critic. And some people like to use that just to make them feel better about themselves.

They did make me feel better. But hey it's me, the one who overthinks. LOL. So I took a moment to think. Well, scratch 'moment', I did take 'some' time. And I came to a conclusion.

I am climbing to the top. And on my way there will be not only friends or readers who love what I write, but there will be also harsh-critics and maybe haters. All I have to do is keep writing for I love writing, and of course I will try as hard as I can to improve my English. I am stepping up my game.

I consider that so-called heartless comment as a monument, my stepping stone for it doesn't stop me from writing (I even write about this, LOL), hence I will write better and I will write more.

So, I guess it's a 'Thank You' then. For you all. 

... and let me wait for my greatest opposition, for my biggest miracle is coming...

2 comments:

  1. The point of learning a language itself is to communicate. As long as the grammatical mistakes didn't send the wrong message, I do really think it's fine. After all, as your friend said, you're writing a blog, not a literature. Keep the comment to make you, and all of us, better in writing and speaking in English. Shall we? :)

    ReplyDelete