Monday, November 2, 2015

The Perks of Living Together

Last weekend, K and I met with an old friend. We were having chat over coffee when suddenly he asked me for he saw my phone which I put on the table.
"Wow, you guys are still using Grindr and Jack'd. Is that okay?"

Looking back to two years ago, I wasn't fond of this idea, allowing my partner using those apps, at first. I was a bit insecure, knowing my better-half's reputation at that time, a flamboyant kind of person, LOL. When I brought this up, he said that if someone wanted to cheat, there were many ways to do so, even without using those apps. I learned to trust him. Using Grindr nor Jack'd had never been issues in our relationships since then.  Well, we don't know what future brings, our trust may backfire someday, he may find someone more attractive than I am, or I will fall for someone else that I meet on those apps. But we both agree, it's only a  POSSIBILITY, and over-worrying on something that isn't happening, or has not happened yet, or may never happen, is tiring, don't you think? Some says it is a preventive act. Well, what to prevent? I believe life has its own agenda, whether we like it or not, if it's meant to be, it will happen no matter what.

Of course it can not be applied on each and every relationship. For ours, we think it's better this way, by allowing each other using those apps, we grow our trust toward each other.

And then he asked again, "Aren't you guys jealous to each other?"

This question hit me. Ha! I had no reason to get jealous. I go wherever my better half goes, most of the time. We spend almost every minute together, literally. He has close friends that he talks to everyday, but they are his friends. I can't really find any reason to be jealous towards others but his phone, I guess, for he spends more time with his phone than with me. Haha!

"Well, aren't you bored to each other, seeing each other everyday?"

The word 'bored' never crossed our minds. Really. Simply I answered, "Do you find it boring living with your family?"

Thinking of all his questions, I came to conclusion that what all I have now is merely the perks of living together. It would be different if we lived separately, perhaps. I guess I'll never know.

4 comments:

  1. "The word 'bored' never crossed our minds..."

    It is interesting when a lot of person easily bored after some period of time, yours are still good.

    I guess i remember the words you said back then... falling in love is easy, but falling in love will end. And it comes back to us, whether we choose to keep stay in love or not.

    Me likey! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I think this is the product of working out the differences, accepting them as part of our lives.

    It's like he's the one, he's family. And that what family feels like, right? You are never bored of each other. You accept your mom and dad for who they are.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol, i think today we talked about this and my reaction was the same with what you wrote, H: "Do you find it boring living with your family?"

      well i guess habits, the daily activities that are repeated over and over could made us use to it.

      Delete