Monday, May 13, 2013

The Sofa

This is the last week of my employment here. Two weeks from now, I'll be effectively working for another bank. It is a blessing indeed. Time flies by. And it also means I and K will start a new life together soon.

I am all excited. Lately, we fought a lot though. There were many differences between us. Even for small things.

We did argue while choosing a set of dining utensils. Silly, eh? Not really. I will laugh my ass off everytime I remember.

But K always said, "These are colours in our life. They make our relationship beautiful, ain't it? When I fight you, it doesn't mean you are my enemy. I never see you as a contradiction of mine, I see our differences as colours."

I do believe his saying. I believe that this relationship is worth fighting for.

Then there was a sofa. We visited Informa at Living World, approximately 3 weeks ago. I did like a sofa that would fit our apartment. But K said it was too fat and narrow. While for me, the most important thing is, this sofa should fit our apartment. We didn't fight but we argue.

Last Thursday we went there again. And after spending more than 3 hours looking for sofa, console table, mirror and everything else, we came to an agreement to buy that very sofa. We sit there for a while.

This sofa was our witness when we argued. This sofa was a proof that we have our differences but we manage to have one decision. This sofa will be our witness as we start our new life. And this sofa might be with us for a long time.

And as this sofa, there will be a lot of things that will be our witnesses. May all of them record all the beauties of our relationship, through good and bad times.

No comments:

Post a Comment