Friday, July 12, 2013

Step In

Do you like quotes? I do. I read them, I like them then I sometimes start to believe them. I often apply them in my personal life. 

I read a quote this morning, saying that couples who fight often are most likely stronger than who do not. 

Well, I was attracted and I did repath it, since I and my better half do fight often, though it has been less nowadays. And when I read this quote, I kinda believed it. But then my cynical thougt knocked on my consience, was it just an excuse so that I would think that fighting was okay? 

Once we make quote ourselves, we want to make our quote catchy, easy to remember. Yet when we read quote, we tend to be attracted to this catchy part and forget the others. 

And this quote was catchy too, at least for me. The first sentence was Couple who fight often are most likely stronger than who do not. Ain't it strike you? For you who have partner, I do believe the word fighting isn't peculiar.

When you read this very quote, do you think fighting often is good for your relationship? 

Fortunately, this quote didn't stop there. It also explained that it wasn't the fighting but the making up that did make relationship go stronger, it came to realization that our relationship were more important than our differences. It continued "It involves forgiveness and acceptance of one's mistake." I think this is the most important part. Figthing will never be good until we come to forgiveness and acceptance.

The point is I want to remind myself (or even you guys) that we tend to look and stop at one point, one paradigm. It may not be wrong, but it may not be complete either. You can't see the whole room looking from a door at one side. You need to step in and rotate your view. It does apply in many aspects of life. 

Good day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment