Wednesday, August 27, 2014

My Solitude

Few weeks ago, I was blogwalking and I found this Archway Test. It said that my path was quiet, with definition as followed:

You value solitude in all aspects of your life. You can spends large periods of time alone without feeling lonely. Your ideal path is one that is very still and quiet. You want to absorb everything around you without feeling overwhelmed. You seek meaning in every aspect of life. And you live very deliberately - both in action and in thought. You don't like crowds, but you do like people. You value authentic relationships, and you prefer the depth of one on one interaction. 

I thought it was right. Talking about seek meaning in every aspect of life, well it is so me. You can see in my blog here, that I tend to find a reason for everything, that every thing that happen to me is meaningful, happen for reason.  

About four weeks ago, K asked me to try a body balance class at gym. He did ask me before over and over. But you know me, I am a shy person, I don't do first time by myself, at some point. So it was Saturday and K accompanied me to join body balance class at gym where I usually work out.

Turned out I enjoyed it so much. I like the tai-chi moves, I love the yoga, I even crave for the pilates. I am in love with body balance. And linking it to the path I talked before, maybe body balance is one of my solitude. It's like I find peace in me. 

My body was so damn stiff, especially my back. My hands can't reach my feet when I bend over. Crap, let alone my feet, I can't even reach my shanks. Pathetic, ain't it? But last night, my hands touched my shins, they almost  reached my feet. Wow! Another benefit of joining body balance class.

I was embarrassed because my body was too rigid to do simple pose. But now, I don't care. I join this class so I can relax my body and my mind, so I can flex my stiff body.

K ever said this to me, "When you come into the class, there will always be someone who is so flexible, who is advance doing poses. But no worries, we will be at that point, no rush, because every and each one of us has different flexibility. It is only a matter of time."

To be honest, I don't love working out. I am not really into it. It is somehow boring for me. My mind always tries to find a way to skip gym. But I push myself so I will have a healthier and a better-look body. Now, I love going to gym, to come to my cubbyhole. Well, I still do weigh-lifting. But this body balance adds some spice to it. I will join Yoga classes soon.
 
So yes, body balance is my solitude, and it is my way of living a healthier live.

No comments:

Post a Comment