Monday, August 25, 2014

The Water Run

Hey wuddup???? Been good, no? Quite some time, huh? I've been good, we've been so well.

Today, I am in pain. No, no, not that serious pain. Weary will do justice. My legs are weary. My butt is weary. Hah.

On Sunday, I woke up at 5 after 3 hours of sleep. Having my teeth brushed, I woke up K and my closest friends. Yeah, they had a sleepover at our place. I was in fire. I was excited. Not long after, we were on our car, heading to Gelora Bung Karno. We were gonna have some run. Not an usual run, it was Water Run. A run event which was held by Fittness For Men, one of many magazinez in Indonesia, and Protect Procter *thx 威论 for the correction* and Gamble corp.

It was my first time. I didn't expect to reach finish line. But I, and K, made a target, to at least reach Bundaran Hotel Indonesia, it was approximately half of the routes. It was 8 kilometers run, so the said. It was started at Gelora Bung Karno on 7 am. So many participants, we shot each other with water guns. Water gun was in the race pack. But some did bought bigger ones.

Not expecting that I would run so much, I started with small run with the others. I jogged, I ran, and I walked. It was five of us, but then two of our friends fell behind. Not long after, I was alone, leaving K. I thought I just wanted to reach Bundaran HI sooner. My spirit was pumped. It was fun, though I was running by myself. At the first pit stop, I waited for K for a minute, but he wasn't there, so I continued alone. 20 minutes later, I reached Bundaran HI. My feet was hurt, I knew I had blister on them, but I was halfway and I wasn't really tired. So I tried not to think about it and started to have another run.

I was on my way back to Gelora Bung Karno, when I passed K and Y. I cheered them so they would run faster and caught up with me. It felt much longer when I finally reached the second pit stop. I said water run, right? There was a water tunnel, which they required us, the participants, to go through it. It was water at first, then they sprayed foam on sand bags, and then another water spray. I was looking at it, and thinking it wouldn't be any fun if I was by myself. So, I decided to wait for K and the others.

It was about 10 minutes later, K arrived. I asked him to go through that tunnel. He hesitated because he didn't wanna get wet. But then I said to him, "Hey, it is water run, we do expect to get wet, right?" So we asked the other to join us too. And it was indeed fun. We were soaking wet, full of foam. The racers were getting their picture taken. We were provided with a waterproof case for our phones. We asked one of them to take a picture for us. It was funny because he said, "Sorry, my hands are wet," as he passed. But then a nice lady took a picture for us.

After that, we continued our route, and for a minute, I and K had left the three behind. I enjoyed my moment with K. My legs started to hurt more, my blister was killing me, but I did have fun. 20 minutes later, we reached the finish line.

I am proud of myself, of us. We did challenge ourselves, and we reached over our target. It was hard, as again it was my first time, our first time. But the thing is I didn't quit, neither did K. And we conquered it, together.

I heard this quote when I was little, and I guess it was right, "Rest if you must but don't you quit." And if there is something that I could learn from this event, it will be this, "I may enjoy myself on my way to the top, but those moments are way more precious when I share them with K."

2 comments:

  1. Minor correction: I think it is Procter and Gamble instead of Protect..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Edited. Thank you for the correction.

    ReplyDelete