Thursday, August 28, 2014

Common People Questions

I was blog-walking when I found this blog, (gaykampung.blogspot.com) and one of his posts intriqued me. That he was asked by his friend to fill up a questionnaire. There are twenty something questions that I'd like to share. These questions were asked by (maybe) a straight person, who has no idea what gay is. So here we go:

When did you feel there's a change in yourself?
I refuse to call it a change. I'd rather call it "difference". Since I was a kid.
 

What is your foundation stating that you are gay?
Well, I like guys.

Have you ever had a girlfriend?
Yes.

Have you ever been hurt by a woman so that it made you afraid to fall in love with one?
As pathetic as this question    sounds, NO!

Have you ever had sex with a guy?
Really?

Have you ever tried to change yourself? By dating a girl for instance?
Yes.

Is there any difficulties finding a partner in gay world?
Do you find it easy finding a partner in "normal" world?

There's a regulation in Indonesia that forbid same sex marriage, what do you think?
I simply have no expectation on it. But it can change. People are more open minded these days. The transformation is happening, right now, this very second.

Have you ever dreamt of having kids? And how you deal with it with your gay status?
Every second. Well, I can adopt or surrogate. But I don't think I am ready to find my kids go home from school crying, telling me that they are bullied because they have two dads instead of a so-called-normal family. Maybe, I will have kids when the environment is supportive enough. Soon, I hope.

Is it correct things to do, your gay activities, since none of your family, your friends, your country is supportive and it is wrong religiously?
What activities? I work, I pray, I laugh, I eat, I go to movies as normal people do. I don't rape, I don't steal, I don't kill people. My family and my close friend support me enough. My country? We'll see.

How is your family condition? Are you coming from a broken home one?
My family is fine. My dad and mom fight like every other family. But they do love each other. They are still together.

Do your family and friends know about your being gay?
Yep. People that matters to me do.

Have you ever thought of going back to normal? Why? Why not? What have you done to accomplish it?
Going back? I don't think I've ever been normal, but if you ask me if I wanted to be normal, I did. Because I thought my mom would be happier if I were "normal".

Are you comfortable with who you are now?
100%

Is there any event that makes you gay?
No, and I don't believe there's such things. We were just born this way.

How do you feel when you look around and see your normal friends live normal lives? Don't you want to be like them?
For having kids and being accepted by society, yes, I want those privileges. But for who I am and whom I love, I think I’m doing fine.

What is your motivation in not willing to be “recovered”?
            Simple. I am not sick.

What do you want to accomplish by being gay? Do you get any satisfaction?
I don’t choose to be gay. If I asked you what you want to accomplish by being straight, you would laugh at me, because you know you don’t choose to be one.

What is your religion? Don’t you feel guilty for what you’ve done?
I am a Christian. Like I said, what have I done? By being gay? Do you feel guilty for being black? Or being Caucasian?
For me, Christianity is about love. Our savior taught us to love one another. It is the main law of Christianity. Sin and wickedness is human interpretation about what is written in the bible. Let God decides.

What do you expect from your friends when they find out about you?
            It will be nice if they accept me for who I am. But I won’t force them to.

Does family factors play part in the occurrence of gay?
            Like I said, I don’t believe that.

Do you feel comfortable enough as a gay?
            I do.
           
Is it your choice to be gay? Or don’t you want to be gay?
It ain’t a choice. I think there's nothing to do with what I want, it is about how I accept who I really am.

How do you socialize in your daily activity? Does it need to be hidden?
            Do you tell all people you meet that you are straight?

Do gay have their own community? Are you in those communities?
            I believe we do. I won’t say that I am.

What is the benefit of being gay?
This is interesting. You can see that I dress better than most straight. I’m more creative than most of them. I understand men and women more. Hahahaha…
           
Is there anybody that influence you to be gay?
            No. It is once again, not a choice.

Do you think we can cure gays?
            Can you cure healthy people?   

No comments:

Post a Comment