Thursday, October 23, 2014

Freedom of Speech

I was discussing about one of many posts on my path with a friend.
Me : Do you see his post? It's somehow annoys me. How he sees himself by saying things like that is overrated.
Him : Yeah, but he's free to say what he thinks, isn't he?


I know it's a free country. Everyone has his freedom to say, to have an opinion toward anything. But we talk to someone about someone's else opinion because we want to know his state of mind, we want to explore it together, we want to asses our own opinion, or we just want to simply talk.


It's sad to get that response from someone whom you talk to. 

I, personally, say that often and I just realize by saying that, I stop the conversation. It is like saying "I am not interested, I don't care." It's like holding others tongue.

Today I was reminded, that what I did may offend someone else. I was reminded that it wasn't okay to say such things. By saying "he has freedom of speech", I stop someone else from expressing his point of view. Ironic, huh?

Remember, having an opposite opinion is totally different with shutting someone up.

1 comment:

  1. Be patient... we cannot control environment around us, but we have full authority to control ourselves ;)

    ReplyDelete