Thursday, February 28, 2013

My Better Half

A week had passed since Valentine. I hadn't put the words again in my mind. We had another regular week. He was going to go to countries in South Asia for work. He would left on February 22nd for 10 days. Knowing that we would miss each other so bad, we planned to have lunch date a day before.

It was Pepenero, a Italian restaurant which was located in the same building with my office, that would be our venue to have this lunch date. On 12 pm, he texted me to go there first and to order our regular menu, a Classic Margherita Pizza and a portion of Aglio e Olio (the name of this blog also came from this our favorite Italian dish). Oh, lemme tell you, he is a vegetarian. He can't eat any meat, for it can cause him stomach trouble.

Fifteen minutes later, he arrived. He ate so fast for he was so hungry, he said. It was lovely to watch him eat. He often grouch how fat he is and he become. As it for me, it doesn't matter. I love him for what he is. I wish he knew that.

Again, the no-one's-boyfriend-sentence came to the surface. I forgot what we were talking about and it just came out. Then he played with his iPhone. I was silent. I was thinking should I ask him now.

Then there was this moment, I felt my heart beat faster than ever, the words came out from my mouth unstructured. It was lame, I admitted, yet it was spontaneous.

"Why don't you be mine now?"
"Uh huh?"
"Would you be mine now?"
"Just that?"

Damn!!! I knew he hoped for more, not just a spontaneous unplanned proposal like this. Stupid, I said to myself. And he didn't answered. We went to buy Starbucks, and then I went with him to his car.

We had a long deep kiss before he left. Still without answering my proposal.

I tried to calm myself after that, I could try better next time, of course with a planning. I wanted him so bad. I wanted him to be mine.

I went back to my desk to work. Couple minutes later, I saw a Path notification on my iPhone. I opened my Path and read his writing, saying

K : BYE Single :) - with H

Was that an answer? I asked him on the commentary. It was funny since his friends already congratulated him and I was still in confusion. Then he said, 'It is :)'

Well, it made it official, right? It was the lamest proposal but with the happiest result. It was the longest time I'd been close to someone before we made it official. And I hope it will be forever last.

And since that time, February 21st 2013, I could call him my better half.

No comments:

Post a Comment