Friday, March 1, 2013

It Ain't Affection Carnival

Some people scorn on public display affection. Some others praise it. As it for me, I define it by their purpose doing it.  I try not to judge people who does it.

A man like my better half, likes to let the world know that he is in love and he is loved. He may feel good when someone put his arm around him or just hold his hand while walk in malls. But he doesn't do it for showing off. He does it because he is happy, he likes the feeling that his partner loves him without being ashamed that they are gay. (read it here)

I, again, am in the middle. I like to be intimate sometimes, even in public area. I will be fine with it as long as it won't affect me or my loved one. I mean, I definitely won't kiss him in a country which most of its people are homophobic, I could end up being killed or stoned. 

On New Year's eve, we practically didn't know what to do. As you know, like Valentine, I'm not a fan of this so-called-big-special-day of the year. We went to Porter House at Pantai Indah Kapuk, North Jakarta. Having a glass or two beers would be good, we thought. Arriving there, it was pretty crowded. But we managed to get seat, for four of us. 

It was only 10 days after we started everything, but clearly I was attracted to him. And I liked him to know that. Without too much thinking, I dared him.

"Let's kiss a minute before New Year, until a minute after. So we will kiss for a whole year," I said to him in the middle of playing cards.
"Serious? I'm okay with that but I don't think you have the guts," he smirked. 
"Let's see!"

An our later, people were counting down, we were standing, holding New Year's trumpets, getting ready blowing it. I moved my body towards him, and I kissed him 10 seconds before New Year, and kept kissing him until I didn't know when. It was good. I felt relieved somehow.

After that, a logical thought came out. What if there were people I knew among the crowd? I looked around and people didn't seem care for what we did. 

What I want to tell you is, it's okay to do some public display affection. Do it because you feel like to do it. Do it because you wanna show your loved one that you love him no matter what. Do it in the right time and right place, since we are not in a parade or carnival. You won't like people stare at you and disgusted by you. So others can feel it too, others can feel that you don't do it because you just wanna show off or you aren't well-mannered. And don't do it too much. Something that is too much is not good either. Happy PDA!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment