Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Living a Dream

Someone who read this blog, curiously asked me what happened when I picked my better half last Sunday. Like I said, I hugged him. I did. Long enough to make people around me wondering, what kind of hug that was. Not that I cared, I just assumed they wondered. LoL. No kissing, we saved it for later in that day. I wasn't ignorant enough to do it in public, not just yet. 

Okay, that's it.

Two nights ago, I was talking to my mom, then suddenly she asked me, "Son, what are you gonna do about your future?"
I gasped. "What do you mean?"
The conversation continued, she asked me whether I was gonna marry a girl or not. Apparently, as a parent, there was still hope, I could see in her eyes, that I would have a so-called-normal family one day.

I said, breaking it to her, that I didn't think I would have one. It was hard to kill her dream, but it wasn't the life I wanted. Then she told me that she understood. She would try to accept it, she said that she just wanted me to be happy. She accepted me for who I was, or at least, she was trying to. She also told me that she accepted my better half, she would not do anything that could harm my relationship with him. 

Then she asked me again what I would do about it. I said nothing about gay marriage, it might be too much for her, so I just told her that I wanted to be settled, with K. I told her that we planned to move to Bali, to own a house and to start a small business there. She encouraged me to have it sooner than I planned. WOW!.

Having those plan with K is amazing, but having my mom encourages me, it's more than wonderful.

"How about you Sis? Aren't you ashamed of who I am?" I asked my sister who happened to be in the same room.
"Should I be? As long as you are happy, as long as you are comfortable with who you really are, I'm with you," she said.
Double prize!!! What I could ask for more????

The real small starting plan is we would visit Bali in July, to look at the house. It is not big, but hey, I don't want a fancy one either, all I want is a cozy one where I start my family with K. Meanwhile, we are looking for better jobs with better income. Wish us luck, would ya? 

I live in my dream. I live it day by day. I am walking in it. I might be still far from it, but every long journey start with a single step, eh? If Clinton Bryan and Callum Mathieson, Josh Taylor and Edison Fan, Neil Patrick Harris & David Burtka can make it, why can't I? And if I can make it someday, I believe the same thing is possible happen to you. 

I hope someday, I will look back and read this blog, while enjoying sunset and holding my husband's hand, at the back of our sweet little house in Ungasan.

No comments:

Post a Comment