Monday, March 4, 2013

Love?

I've always been intrigued with people talk about love, love and love but it seems no one talk about commitment. Some people fell in love, made a relationship, failed then blamed love, for because of love they felt betrayal, sadness, desperation and you name it.

Like I always say, contrary to what people mostly believe, love needs reason. Even parents love their children because they are their children. And true, when the reason is gone, love can simply fade away too. Love does fade away, love does wither. And it's normal. It's reasonable.

Then there comes commitment. When you decide to love, you make a commitment to love someone for who he really is, whoever he's gonna be (of course in a good way). So when your love fades away, when your love wither as time goes by, you remember, you are committed. Then you fight your feeling, you try hard to make it grow again. It doesn't matter how you grow it, as for me, I will always ask myself what I will be without him, what we've been through, what I miss if I'm not with him and any other good things that I have and I will go through with him.

I tell you this, if you give up when your love fades away, you will never grow. No matter who you are with, your love will always fade away. You can't blame love for it's withered. History will repeat itself when you are not committed. You can not wish a magical tremendous way to keep your love, you fight it.

You can say that it's scary to be committed to someone, well, you can't expect your partner to be committed to you when you aren't to him, right? Ain't it even scarier to trust yourself to someone without commitment? You can leave him anytime, while he also has the same right to do so (even when you are deeply in love with him, who cares anyway?).

I'm not saying you have to be bonded in a marriage or in a legally way. But at least, you teach your heart not to just love but to commit. There's no guarantee that your partner will be as committed as you are. But hey, again at least, you learn how to be an adult, a man who knows how to have a serious and grown-up relationship.

So, there's nothing to be proud of by saying 'Hey, I'm in love!', but be proud when you are able to say 'Listen, I'm committed."

No comments:

Post a Comment