Saturday, March 2, 2013

My 1st Homemade Aglio e Olio


My better half is out of country. I had spent two weekends by myself, staying home. This evening, I really wanted a portion of Aglio e Olio, but I didn't wanna go to any Italian restaurant alone. So I tried to made it myself.

I googled the recipe and found some. Then I went to the nearest supermarket, to buy Olive Oil and Parsley.

It was simple and easy, and it went well. I like my homemade Aglio e Olio. It was good.

I'll share you the recipe (for 1 portion).

Ingredients:
100 g of spaghetti
1 tbsp olive oil
3 cloves of garlic
2 red chili padi
15 g parsley
2 g cube butter
salt

Instructions:
1. Boiled some salt into a pot of water.After it's boiled, put your spaghetti into it. Cook the pasta until 'al-dente' (still offfering resistance to the bite, but cooked through). Drain and set aside, reserving a small cup of pasta water.
2. Saute garlic in hot olive oil until it turns light golden brown and turn off the stove.
3. Add the cooked pasta, 1-2 tbsp reserve pasta water, chopped parsley, and cube butter to the garlic and olive oil mixture. Stir the coat all the ingredients evenly.

That's it! It won't take more than 30 minutes. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment